Versatile product architect and IT manager with strong hands-on experience
Adriano enjoys creating websites / web services, mobile applications, as well as handling the “machinery” behind them, i.e. servers and related software. He can be a key player when time-to-market is essential, or when finding the optimal solution to a technical challenge is mission critical. His expertise includes:
- Management of technical teams working on the creation and maintenance of commercial software applications
- Software product management and design: from concept to release and ongoing maintenance
- UI Design, with particular focus on mobile UIs
- Development of websites, web services and mobile applications
- App stores ecosystem and mobile application distribution strategies
- IT strategy, management, and administration
See towards the end for more specific areas of knowledge.
– BitCoral, Inc., Panama, Panama (www.bitcoral.com) – August 2012 to present
Providing consulting services on software management, design and development, IT management, and IT administration to small and medium businesses around the world.
– MobiHand, Inc., San Mateo, CA (www.mobihand.com) – August 2009 to September 2012
Chief Technology Officer
Responsible for driving the execution of the company’s mission through research, development, and deployment of its in app publishing, distribution, and discovery platform.
Involved at various levels in all the software projects, including:
- Browser-based desktop and mobile app stores
- On-device native app stores developed and customized based on partners’ feedback, including the Lenovo App Shop
- On-device app discovery solutions
- An app-centric social network (AppVerse)
- Content delivery systems
- Backend data processing services
Managing the Company’s IT infrastructure and all the services it provides.
– iambic, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA (www.iambic.com) – July 2005 – December 2009
Chief Operating Officer
Directed the design, development and release of major new versions of top selling titles such as Agendus (for Palm OS, Windows Desktop, Window Mobile and Symbian UIQ), Vehicle Manager, Health & Diet Manager, and various other products with strong focus on mobility.
Managed single handed a medium sized server farm and all the services it provided (web, databases, email, firewalls, etc.) in a mixed unix / windows environment.
Designed, integrated, developed and launched a new technology / productivity focused weblog: iampowered.com. Assumed the role of Executive Editor, recruited Editors. Investigated and developed marketing and awareness channels around it.
Carried on the development and evolution of over-the-air data aggregation and distribution services for use with most of the mobile titles.
– iambic, Inc., San Jose, CA (www.iambic.com) – October 2001 – July 2005
Lead and participated in the development of the new iambic.com website and services
Managed a the team of developers, participated in the development, and brought to market a number of mobile and windows desktop applications, including award winning products such as Agendus for Palm OS, Symbian OS, and Windows.
Created services and network aware applications for data retrieval, aggregation and over the air distribution to handhelds and smartphones of weather forecast, stock tickers, product activation, and others.
– iambic, Inc., San Jose, CA (www.iambic.com) – February 2000 – October 2001
Designed and developed a complete customer support system comprised of various browser based portions (for use by the Support Staff and by end-users), and related services. The solution allowed for customers’ account management, order history, license generation, mailing list management, and sales reporting.
Participated in the development of TimeReporter, a time and expense tracking solution for Windows PCs and Palm OS based smartphones.
Designed and deployed the Company’s IT infrastructure, comprised of various servers and related services (Email, Web, Database, etc.) supporting its presence on the web.
– REPLY S.p.A, Turin, Italy (www.reply.eu) – October 1997 – February 2000
Software & Services Consultant
Participated in the implementation of various software projects, including a sales force automation tool for a truck manufacturing company and a transportation logistics system for a transportation and logistic company.
Managed a team of developers as part of a project focused on the development of an hardware and software solution for telephone line selection, conducted at a telecommunication company.
BS, Computer Engineering – Politecnico di Torino, Italy
– Selected skills
- Operating Systems: Windows (desktop and server editions), Linux (CentOS, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, and other distributions), OSX
- Mobile Operating Systems: Android, iOS, BlackBerry
- Server technologies: MTAs (Exchange, Sendmail, Postfix, Exim), Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres SQL), DNS, various Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Sharepoint)
- Virtualization platforms (VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels)